The charity is also registered with the Jersey Charity Commission - Registration number 110
Diabetes Jersey is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable law concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
- WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
- WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
- CONTROLLING COOKIES
- WHAT PURPOSES USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
- LAWFUL BASIS
- HOW LONG WE HOLD DATA
- DATA SECURITY
- THIRD PARTIES
- DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- YOUR RIGHTS
- CONCERNS OR QUERIES
Diabetes Jersey gathers and uses certain information about our supporters and fundraisers in order to provide a service to them, and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them. This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
Diabetes Jersey’s identified controller is the Chairman of the charity Bill O Brien. You can submit any subject access requests to him at any time by contacting him at: 7 Amitie Court, Links Estate, La Rue a Don, Grouville, JE3 9DB.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We only use data necessary for providing the services listed. In order to provide those services listed below we gather the following information: name, address, email, phone number, company name, donation amount, source of donation and bank details. When you register to become a Friend of Diabetes Jersey your payment details are required and stored securely. Any online donations are made via a secure PayPal transaction.
- Becoming a Friend of Diabetes Jersey
- Registering for a Diabetes Jersey event
- Creating your own fundraising page
- Making donations to Diabetes Jersey
- Completing our contact us page
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
Diabetes Jersey collects data from our website via the contact us form, donations, signing up to become a Friend of Diabetes Jersey and any event registration pages.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email or post.
We will not contact you for any purpose other than for what you have opted in.
If you are 13 or under, you must get your parent’s/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on our website.
WHAT PURPOSES WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
- We use your personal information to give you the information, support, service or products you ask for.
- We use your information to keep records of your relationship with us and for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies.
- We use your personal information to look into and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We use your personal information to claim Jersey Gift Aid on donations over £50 for any online donations or any R10 forms provided with manual donations.
- We use personal data to carry out statistical analysis and research in order to help us to understand how we are performing and how we can improve our services and meet the needs of people that require our help.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we will specifically notify you about and where appropriate, obtain consent.
Where our processing is based on consent, you may wish to withdraw your consent by unsubscribing from our service. You may do so by contacting the Controller, as detailed earlier in this Policy.
In other circumstances, information is gathered on a legitimate interest or contract basis in order for us to provide our services to you.
HOW LONG WE HOLD DATA
Diabetes Jersey will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is processed on the basis of consent you can unsubscribe at any time and subscribe with a new email address if you want to change details.
Diabetes Jersey uses up-to-date storage and security techniques to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or lawful destruction or accidental loss. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. Only authorised members of staff have access to our online records.
DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to. All donors have the right to access the information Diabetes Jersey holds on them. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that this information is kept up-to-date by asking donors if there have been any changes.
We will respect Data Protection Rights under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, so donors will have the right to obtain:
- confirmation that their data is being processed
- access to their personal data and other supplementary information
- the purposes of the processing
- the categories of personal data concerned
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- where the personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source
- 10.the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
CONCERNS OR QUERIES
If you have any questions relating to this policy or data protection within, please contact us at: Diabetes Jersey, Chairman, Bill O Brien, 7 Amitie Court, Links Estate, La Rue a Don, Grouville, JE3 9DB.