Diabetes North to South Walk
The 2023 Diabetes Jersey North2South Walk on Sunday 27th August is in Memory of Brian Le Marquand MBE, is organised to support the Charity’s ongoing commitment of around £150,000 annually to support those in Jersey with Diabetes and to ensure that all persons in the Island with Diabetes receive the best possible attention.
The North2South Walk will start at the Public Car Park, La Rue des Platons, Trinity and will wind down Jersey's countryside to finish at the Public Car Park at Longbeach Car Park in Grouville.
NOT SUITABLE FOR WHEELCHAIRS AS ROUTE PASSES THROUGH ST CATHERINE'S WOODS.
Registration: £15 online | £25 on the day
Date: Sunday 27 August 2023
Start: Public Car Park La Rue des Platons, Trinity
Finish: Public Car Park Longbeach, Grouville
Distance: Approx 10 miles (leisurely pace, family friendly, dog friendly)
Toilets: Portaloo positions to be confirmed
Buses: There will be coaches from the Steam Clock in St Helier to the Start and from the Finish back to town or the Start at La Rue des Platons.
1. Steam Clock, Waterfront, St Helier to Public Car Park, La Rue des Platons, Trinity: 8am and 8.30am
2. Longbeach to St Helier: 11.30am and 12.30pm
3. Longbeach to Public Car Park, La Rue des Platons: 11.30am and 12.30pm
DUE TO THE INCREASED COST OF TRANSPORT FROM THE COACH COMPANY WE ARE NOW HAVING TO CHARGE £2 FOR EACH JOURNEY ON THE COACHES. THIS WILL BE COLLECTED IN ADVANCE AND THEN TICKETS EMAILED OUT.
IF YOU REQUIRE COACH TICKETS YOU NEED TO APPLY TO:
firstname.lastname@example.org TO RECEIVE AN ELECTRONIC TICKET WHICH WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL WHICH CAN THEN BE DISPLAYED ON YOUR PHONE OR PRINTED OUT. THIS YEAR SOMEONE WILL BE CHECKING TICKETS AS YOU BOARD THE COACH AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BOARD, AS PREVIOUSLY THOSE WITH TICKETS WERE TURNED AWAY AS THE COACHES WERE FULL. YOU CAN PAY FOR THE COACH TICKETS TOGETHER WITH THE REGISTRATION FEE ON
- Please remember to bring your own water.
- There will be a toilet stop en-route to be confirmed.
- The Walk will be clearly marked with yellow and black arrows.
- Dogs are allowed on the Walk and on the coaches provided they are kept on a lead at all times and are a well behaved.