Posted on May 04, 2018
NORTH 2 SOUTH DIABETES JERSEY WALK
Only 2 days to go before the Diabetes Jersey leisurely country charity walk on Sunday (May 6th) starting at 8.30 at Groznez Castle Car Park. The weather forecast is looking good with 18 degrees and sunny so if you haven't already registered, register on line at https://race-nation.com/north2south-walk-2018
It is £10 to register before Sunday or £20 on the day. We have over 450 walkers already and would like to achieve over 500 and by registering you will help raise much needed funds that will go towards supporting the 4,000 plus people in Jersey with diabetes.
Please note the following:
1. There will be no catering at the start or finish apart from refreshments available from the Goose at the Green Pub, Beaumont at the end of the walk.
2. Please bring your own water.
3. There will be a toilet stop en-route at St Ouen's Football Club (portaloo).
4. There will be free coaches from the Steam Clock to the Start and from the finish back to town or the start at Grosnez.
Steam Clock, Waterfront, St Helier to Grosnez Car Park 8am and 8.30am
Goose Green Car Park at Beaumont to St Helier 11.30am and 12.30pm
Goose Green Car Park at Beaumont to Grosnez Car Park 11.45am and 12.45pm
5. There will be an overflow Car Park at Grosnez once the start Car Park is full. Marshalls will direct you to the overflow parking which is about half way up the road and is where the Jersey Race Club park their visitors in the field on race days.
6. There will be a drop off point (marked) at the top of the Car Park road just as you come in the main entrance to the Jersey Race Club from the public road.
7. Free baseball caps will be given out on proof of registration at the start.
8. The country walk will be clearly marked with yellow and black arrows.
9. The new Lieutenant-Governor Air Chief Marshall Sir Stephen Dalton and Lady Dalton will be starting their walk at 8.30am
10. Dogs on leads allowed.
Please see Registration Form attached here
Also for on-line registration with Race Nation click here Walk Registration Form Race Nation 2018
Look forward to seeing you this Sunday.